Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Review: Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo

Review: Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo

I had tried this shampoo because I unfortunately was having trouble finding the brand of purple shampoo I have been normally using for years as a toner for my blonde hair. I had heard nothing but positive reviews about Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights so I thought it would work as well as the brand of purple shampoo I generally use, if not better. However, it unfortunately caused nothing but problems for my blonde hair. 
Upon using this shampoo, I thought it would tone my hair like the product is said to do. I did not put too much of it in my hair and I did not leave it on any longer than what they suggest. Despite using this product as the way it was recommended to be used, all it ended up doing was turn parts of my hair to a blue/purple-like color, which I almost got in trouble at my place of employment for when a supervisor confronted me regarding it. I explained to them the situation so thankfully, I did not get wrote up for something out of my control as I did not expect this shampoo to do this to my hair, having heard nothing but good reviews regarding it. Unfortunately, it took weeks for the blue/purple color to come out of the strands of my hair after I ceased using the shampoo.
Ultimately, I threw this shampoo away after further researching this product and finally coming across reviews that other people wrote online, stating that the shampoo also caused their hair color to change blue/ purple, among causing other problems for them such as causing their hair to feel dry or the liquid from the product causing their bathtub to stain. Therefore, while this product generally has positive reviews, it just did not work well for my hair for some reason so if you do choose to try this product out, I would advise having a different purple shampoo that you know works well for you as a backup to tone your blonde hair, just in case this product causes issues for you like it unfortunately did for me. The lesson I learned from this is just to stick with a product I know works for me, even if it means having no option but to purchase it online due to not being able to find it in beauty supply stores or due to the beauty supply store I had originally purchased it from being closed.

1 comment:

  1. cool purple shampoo, I haven't really used one in a while but have dyed my hair ombre in the past and these can help
    Laila
    www.lailanblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete