Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Ten Count: Jessica Jean Fan Q&A


 The Ten Count: Jessica Jean Fan Q&A:



1. Q: What is your primary goal for being in this business? Living a dream? What's your vision ?

    A: This has been my childhood dream. I started watching professional wresting at seven years old. Now, I am so blessed to be able to live out my dream. My goals for being in this business is to leave my mark as a women’s wrestler, to always have fun with being a part of this business and to get as far as I can with it, whether that be with a mainstream promotion or continuing to work the independent scene. I want to be a woman in the business that other little girls and women can look up to as an inspiration and role model.

2. Q: Who are your favorite wrestlers from the WWE, Ring Of Honor or Impact Wrestling?

    A: I actually have a lot of favorites, both past and present so I will only mention a few current wrestlers from each promotion. For WWE, some of my current favorites include Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Naomi, Paige, Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt, The New Day, Charlotte Flair, Alicia Fox, Nikki Cross and Becky Lynch. For Ring of Honor, some of my current favorites include Chris Sabin, Christopher Daniels and Alex Shelley. For Impact Wrestling, some of my current favorites include Eli Drake, Ethan Carter III, Alberto El Patron and Brooke.

3. Q: How awesome is The Mack from IWA?

    A: Pretty awesome! He works very hard to keep the shows running strong and he, along with his family are just amazing people! I’m truly honored to both have met and got to know them. I wish him and his family all the best!

4. Q: Who inspired you to become a wrestler?

    A: As a child and teenager, the wrestlers that inspired me the most included Lita, Trish Stratus, Shawn Michaels, The Hardy Boys, The Undertaker, Mickie James, The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

5. Q: How did you decide or realize you wanted to be a wrestler?

    A: I was watching a match on Sunday Night Heat between Trish Stratus and Ivory one evening. Trish Stratus was one of my favorite wrestlers and during the match, I saw her hit a move on Ivory and that’s when I remember saying out loud that I wanted to do that. Ever since then, wrestling has been my dream and every time I would watch it or go to any wrestling event, both mainstream or independent, I would feel even stronger in my heart that wrestling was my passion and that this is what I wanted to do.

6. Q: Do you have a regular female tag partner? If not, what sort of qualities would you look for in one?

    A: I have only participated in mixed tag team matches so I have never had a female tag team partner, as of this time. If I ever did, the qualities I would look for in one would be loyalty and a moveset that differs from my own so we could bring different styles of wrestling to our matches. I would even want to possibly find a way to combine both our wrestling styles into some unique combination moves and perhaps combine some of our moves together into a unique finisher move, as I have with my regular tag team partner for mixed tag team matches, Nicholas Davidson.

7. Q: If you could work one dream match, who would you choose as an opponent, whether from the current era or a prior era?

    A: I recently just worked one of my dream matches when I was given the opportunity to wrestle Arella Angel. I would love to be able to work with her more in the future. In regards to other dream matches with people from the current era of wrestling, I would love to have the opportunity to someday work with Mickie James, Roni Nicole and Shayla Hyde. From a prior era, I would have loved to have been able to work with Trish Stratus.

8. Q: Are you ever going to sell your autograph or give it to your fans?

    A: I actually do sell autographed photos for $1 each at wrestling shows that I am booked for, along with vintage J.J. Sparxx shirts that are available in limited sizes and on clearance for $8. I currently am not selling any merchandise online at this time. Additionally, if a fan comes up to me and respectfully asks me to sign something for them or take a picture with them, I am always more than happy to do so.

9. Q: How long have you been wrestling and who trained you?

    A: I have been in the business for three years, come July of 2017. I’ve had various trainers throughout my career including my first trainer, Dennis Page as well as James Yun, Mark Bryant and Nicholas Davidson.

10. Q: What did you think about WrestleMania 33? Did you like it?

      A: I have mixed views on how WrestleMania 33 turned out. I feel like the show had its strong points and its weak points. There were matches that I enjoyed but then there were some that I felt were rushed and went shorter than I expected, as if time was cut from those matches due to previous matches on the card going over their time limits. I was expecting more regarding certain matches.

I think the WWE did a great job on the set of the event with the rollercoaster theme, even though I feel like that would have been more fitting of a theme for SummerSlam. I think costume wise, some were good but I think WWE fell through on making the costumes as grand and special as they have in the past. I think some costumes had potential but WWE could have done more to make them stand out.

In regards to entrances, I am glad they did move the Smackdown Women’s match to the main card because if they hadn’t, Naomi’s entrance would not have worked in daylight. However, I think WWE did fail to deliver on more unique entrances like they have in the past. Randy Orton’s entrance with the viper on the ramp seems like it has been done before. Out of all the entrances, I’d say Sasha Banks, Stephanie McMahon and Triple H’s entrances were best.








No comments:

Post a Comment