Thursday, April 6, 2017

WWE WrestleMania 33 Review

WWE WrestleMania 33 Review



I’m not going to review all the matches on the card as I unfortunately missed the kickoff show. Also, I will not be reviewing these matches in the order that they were placed on the main card. Starting off, I personally feel like the outcome of the Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton match should have ended with Bray Wyatt retaining the title. I feel like with that match Bray was dominant during it and then all of a sudden Randy takes him out with one move, which didn’t seem believable to me. Apart from the ending, this was one of the better matches on the card, in my opinion.

 In regards to the Raw Women’s Championship match, I expected either Bayley, Sasha or Charlotte to win. I do feel like that match, along with many of the ones after that were rushed and that they may have had time cut from their match due to a previous match going longer than expected on the show. Towards the ending, I thought Charlotte had possibly got hurt but I was clearly mistaken as she performed on Monday Night Raw. To me, the Raw Women’s Championship match was the second best women’s match on the card.

In regards to the mixed tag team match, I was expecting Nikki Bella and John Cena to win and I expected John to propose to Nikki also, due to the rumors going around about that. I do think with that match they wasted too much time at the beginning with neither The Miz nor Maryse wanting to get in there and wrestle. I think they could have given Nikki and Maryse more time in there to showcase what they can do as wrestlers and I was honestly expecting more from Maryse with what she did do. To me, the proposal was more exciting than the actual match.

Regarding the Smackdown Women’s Championship match, I was worried for a bit, thinking the match had been cut as I was expecting the match to be earlier on the card. However, I think it was pretty awesome that the match went from being scheduled to be on the kickoff show to being the main event for the Smackdown Division, even though Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton deserved that spot as the main event also.  Additionally, I was expecting Naomi to win the Smackdown Women’s Championship match, due to it being her comeback match from her injury and due to the event being in her hometown of Orlando. However, I feel like the ending of the match seemed rushed, which again was most likely due to time in their match being cut as a result of a previous match going over its time limit and I was a bit shocked that they didn’t include Tamina Snuka who has been wrestling at Smackdown house shows and that they didn’t have any surprise returns from former WWE Women Superstars involved in the match, especially considering the fact that ladies like Eve Torres, Christy Hemme, Candice Michelle, Beth Phoenix and a few others were around during the weekend of WrestleMania. Regardless, I think this match was the best women’s match on the card, allowing each woman involved to showcase her moveset.

Regarding Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho, I feel like this was also one of the better matches on the card. I also am glad to see The Hardy Boys back and it was a nice twist on getting fans to believe for a moment that The New Day were throwing themselves into the tag team ladder match. I was also impressed by the AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon match as it was interesting to see the roles reversed in a way where Shane McMahon was focusing more on executing more ground and technical wrestling moves while AJ Styles took a play out of Shane McMahon’s normal moveset by performing the more extreme, risk-taking moves. Regarding Seth Rollins vs. Triple H, I’ve got to first give props to Stephanie McMahon. She is a tough woman and one of the highlights from that match was her going through a table, something not everyone in the business would have the guts to do.

In regards to Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg, I honestly thought this match wasn’t going to last as long as it did. From the beginning of the match, it seemed very rushed, as if Brock and Goldberg were more concerned with getting the show back on track, timing-wise. This leads me to believe that even their match time may have been cut shorter than what was originally planned for them.


Regarding The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns, towards the ending it seemed like The Undertaker couldn’t go on any longer for some reason. I was expecting this match to last longer especially with it being the main event but it seemed like the match got cut short. It led me to think that at one point The Undertaker may have got hurt. Going by the ending, I think WWE pretty much confirmed that that was The Undertaker’s final match. However, I don’t think this is the last we have seen of The Undertaker. While he may not wrestle anymore, I can still see him making appearances at shows and I do believe he is a future WWE Hall of Famer and actually expect him to end up in the WWE Hall of Fame next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment